Monday, July 23, 2012

Authentic Roasted Tomato Salsa

In preparation for my upcoming trip to Chicago and Great Falls, MT, I am left to empty the fridge of all things perishable.  With a drawer full of tomatoes and chili peppers, whats a girl to do but make salsa?!  After several attempts adjusting the flavor, I think I finally got it right. 

Roasted Tomato Salsa

5 Medium Tomatoes, cut in half (Roma or vine-ripened works best)
3 Chili Peppers of your choice, stems cut and cut lengthwise in half (I used 1 poblano and 2 red chili's)
3 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Medium onion (I used yellow but use what you have)
1/2 C loosely packed cilantro (about 1/2 bunch)
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
dash sweetener of choice (agave or organic sugar)

Turn broiler on HIGH and place tomatoes, peppers, garlic and onion cut side down on a baking sheet.  Broil for about 10 minutes until skins bubble and start to turn black.  Remove from over and allow to cool. 


Put all veggies and remaining ingredients into your Vita-Mix or other blender or food processor until well incorporated.  End of show.  Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment