Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Tuna Bake

This is by no means a pretty photo, as I had no intentions of blogging this recipe, but my family ate it up so fast that I got a crappy shot of the leftovers being devoured by yours truly.

In a hurry to prepare dinner the other night with no time to spare between running the kids around soccer mom style and bath time, I scoured the pantry for something that required little time and would be filling.  I grabbed a box of Ancient Harvest GF veggies spirals and decided I was going to mix it with my cheese sauce from Nacho Moms Weeknight Nachos, minus the pimentos because I didn't have any.  Then I went a step further and decided it needed some actual veggies and some protein for my carnivorous husband.

Easy Peasy Cheezy Tuesday Tuna Bake

1 box Ancient Harvest veggies spirals (or any other pasta you have on hand)
1 recipe Cheeze Sauce
1 can drained tuna (I obviously use the most sustainable possible, hook & line caught, etc)
1/2-1 c peas (I didn't measure...just used about 1/2 a small frozen bag)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
small handful Daiya cheese (optional.  I used Jack style but use what you have)

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

Cook pasta to box directions.  (Or don't.  I don't ever cook pasta using directions.  Boil water, throw pasta in, turn heat to med-high and keep pulling 1 noodle out at a time to test doneness.  Drain.

Saute the onion until translucent & steam peas (if frozen.  If canned, just drain.)

Mix pasta, cheeze sauce, tuna, peas, onion & extra cheese.  Bake until heated through.  About 8-10 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment