Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Egglection Day

Is there a better way to end Election Day than with a winter cocktail? I think not. To continue with my 12 Days of Holiday Drinks blogs...

On the 2nd day of Christmas, my bartender gave to me...
Two pumpkin eggnogs...
...and a Candy Cane Martini

Pumpkin Eggnog
prepare vodka first, start a week before!

First, make the vodka. I use organic but use your favorite vodka. In a large mason jar, put about 1/4 cup of pumpkin purée, 1 cinnamon stick, 1/2 vanilla bean that's been split & 1 whole clove. Allow to sit for several days or a week. Store in freezer.

Likewise, for a different flavor, use Kracken rum. It's a spiced rum that just screams Eggnog!

I also use vegan eggnog. While I do consume eggs occasionally, eggnog is insanely disgusting for your bod. I choose the vegan variety.

Mix a pinch of cinnamon, a shot of either pumpkin vodka or Kracken rum with 6-8oz vegan eggnog.

Stir and enjoy!

P.S. I've served this at holiday parties and NO ONE had any idea if was not real eggnog. In fact, most raved about how good it was!

0 comments:

Post a Comment