Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall fun

I love homemade edible gifts.  I think cookies at Christmas time is wonderful.  I think getting creative with food is fun for all holidays and seasons.  These are a few Fall gift ideas I'm making for friends, family & teachers.

Kale Chips, Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice & Organic Pumpkin Vodka




Put spice mix into a jar and decorate to make a thoughtful unique gift.

I used my Cheezy Chipotle Kale Chips recipe (they are Uh-Mazing.) and put them into a brown paper bag.  Use decorative scissors to cut the top of the bag and fold over.  Use a hole punch to punch 2 holes in the top of the bag and pull decorative ribbon through to secure.  

To make the pumpkin vodka, put 1/4c organic pumpkin puree into a large mason jar.  Fill with organic vodka.  Cover and allow it to sit in the fridge for 24-48 hours.  The vodka acts as a preservative, so you can keep it in the fridge or freezer after that for a while (6 months +) or you can strain the vodka into another jar.  Decorate the jar and you have the ultimate fall gift.  To make it more impressive, (pictures coming later), put it in a basket with 2 martini glasses and a printed and scrapbooked recipe using it.  (Blog post coming soon with my 2 favorite recipes using it!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment