Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Pesky Vegan has left the building...

Dear Diary,

So, it turns out The Pesky Vegan was a lose-lose battle.  My main goal is to help educate people about the choices they make nutritionally and otherwise and how those choices affect their health and their overall well-being.  Well, vegans who are vegans for animal welfare purposes, hate me because I'm not vegan enough.  The fact that I consume fish on occasion made them want to burn me at the stake and well, everyone knows how consuming honey and bee products will lead to the extinction of bees and therefore the destruction of the planet as a whole.

Needless to say, vegans were not thrilled with my message.

On the other side of the spectrum are people who are scared by the term 'vegan' and automatically assume we are all tree-hugging hippies who frolic in grassy meadows nude and ride on unicorns while chasing fairies to celtic music playing from the heavens.  This, too, could not be further than the truth.  Granted, plenty fit the above mentioned description....and those are the ones who were mentioned above for hating the Pesky Vegan.

Since my target audience is the everyday person who may be looking to lose a few pounds, may have been diagnosed with some strain of disease or just wants a few tips on how to live healthier, I changed the name of my website and blog.  Welcome Diary of a Health Nut.  First a foremost, I am a semi-vegan for health reasons.  In doing a complete lifestyle overhaul, compassion for animals and the environment take a close second as priorities, but these reasons do not overshadow my strong convictions on the implementation of a mostly vegan lifestyle for optimal health.

My apologies for not posting any recipes in the past couple of days...this overhaul has taken a bit of time.  Not to worry....more will be coming your way soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hate the implications that go with being a vegan. I just say I'm a vegetarian with vegan tendencies. Although I don't eat any fish or any animals, I avoid most dairy but am not completely a stickler about dairy and eggs. My Mom on the other hand labels herself vegan but eats fish regularly but doesn't eat any eggs or dairy.

    ReplyDelete