Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Amber is the color of your energy….Whoa…

SO….Have I been living under a rock???  Who in the hell knew about this and DIDN’T tell me?!?!?  If you knew and kept it a secret, please step forward so I can give you a good ole’ fashioned swift kick in the shins!  After commenting on a facebook post about teething in a natural parenting group I’m in that went something like this:
What do you for teething?  I want to try the tablets but is Belladonna OK for a baby?
Thinking Im so damn smart, I commented about the Chamomilla that Im giving my son and that Belladonna is perfectly safe, yada yada yada. 
Well, every other post on the thread mentioned AMBER Necklaces.  I was clueless!  After hearing that one of the moms in the group sells them, I ran  to buy one that afternoon.  ANYTHING to calm my fussy ass baby!  (I mean that in the most endearing way possible!) 
This magical little necklace is to be work, not ‘teethed’ on.  Taken from Amber Artisans online,
                "Currently, there are two different thoughts as to why wearing amber on the skin can have soothing and calming effects on teething children. One thought suggests that when amber is worn on the skin, the skin's warmth releases miniscule amounts of healing oils from amber which are then absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. The other theory is based on scientific findings which have shown that amber is electromagnetically alive and produces significant amounts of organic, purely natural energy.”
Anyone who knows my baby knows how fussy he can be with his teething.  Just hours after purchasing this wondrous piece of jewelry, we took the family to meet some friends for dinner.  In public.  With a teething baby.  Something I have lately been trying to avoid.  Jonah sat in the highchair the ENTIRE time, just playing with the toys we had brought.  No screaming.  No crying.  No tugging at my shirt in a plea for some luscious boob juice.  Nothing.  Just smiles and quiet.  I am a believer.  Its calming effect was seriously like magic and I’ve been telling everyone I know about it so one day they can’t come to me with a threat about kicking my shins.  You’re been told!!  Go forth and tell others!  J

0 comments:

Post a Comment